Sunday 12 July 2009

Handy




I've got a friend checking the rafts at Prees Branch Canal now, so I don't have to go so often. Nevertheless it's a pleasure to pop down there and see how the colony's doing.
.
Today I found more otter spraint under the bridge where I found some last time; I know it looks a bit minky, but the sniff test confirmed it was definitely otter. Good news for the water voles as the presence of an otter ought to keep mink at bay.
.
And there was water vole feeding on both sides of the bridge, the whole length of the canal from Waterloo to the marina. Finally, on the raft near the marina, there was a handy pile of water vole droppings. If only all voles could be as cooperative.
.
Finally, some wonderful photos from another wildlife blog: http://terrywhittakerphoto.blogspot.com/2009/07/volare.html

No comments: