Sunday 14 July 2019

An Annoying Tale of Five Barriers





 Barriers and sandbags thrown into the water at White Lion Meadow car park.


A comma butterfly. Below, an adult and a baby water vole at Edgeley Road.










Shropshire Council have been pretty responsive to our requests to heed water voles; for instance, they no longer use weedkillers near the water courses and they leave a good margin of vegetation when they mow. However, I'm disappointed that they've repeatedly placed barriers at White Lion Meadow car park and then left them, knowing they'll be thrown into the brook and just replacing them with new every time. There are now FIVE barriers in the water, plus two sandbags. All this to fence off a bit of work on the bridge that I could have done myself in twenty minutes if I'd had permission. I've tweeted them to ask if they can get the barriers out and fix the bridge as soon as possible. We'll see what they say.

Meanwhile the colony at Edgeley Road seems to be fairly robust and the water more or less clear. I'm continuing to monitor it, though.

No comments: